Please download complete Guidelines and Eligibility for WaveMaker Grants.
Visual artists, curators, creative/arts writers, cultural organizers, collectives, collaboratives, partnerships, and artist-run spaces residing within Miami-Dade County are eligible to apply. If applying as a group, the artistic group can be long-standing or created specifically for this project. Please identify one participant to serve as the lead contact for the project. Non-profit organizations are NOT eligible.
Selection Criteria and Process
All grant applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Artistic excellence, conceptual rigor, and relevance to the local cultural, geographic, and socio-economic context
- Overall vision of the applicant(s)
- Capacity of the applicant(s) to realize the proposed project
- Accessibility of the resulting project to the public
- The project’s potential for meaningful impact on the local community, regional arts ecology, and other artists
An independent panel will be assembled to review and select projects for funding. The panel will consist of two national and two local artists and/or arts professionals with a strong focus and knowledge of contemporary art practices. Panelists will review and deliberate all applications over two days in Miami with oversight and administrative support by the WaveMaker Grants Coordinator and Artistic Director.